Just as Mint Music is committed to providing every one of our
clients with the best possible customer service experience, we also appreciate the unique talents, contributions and accomplishments of our employees and work hard to create a supportive environment that challenges, develops, encourages and rewards employees. For over 25 years we’ve offered quality recording and mixing services, music instruction, music retail, event and video services, employing some of the most talented in-demand talent that Toronto has to offer.
If you are passionate, skilled and take the utmost pride in what you do and want to join our creative team, feel free to submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
PART-TIME GUITAR INSTRUCTOR
We are looking for a dynamic and seasoned guitar instructor to join our talented roster of music teachers to educate and inspire students of all ages, levels and abilities at our downtown music school and recording studio located at Yonge and Dundas in Toronto.
We expect you to be extremely knowledgeable about a wide variety of musical genres and take great pride and care in the execution and delivery of your lessons. You are the perfect blend of professional performer and educator who views music education and your own professional development as a life-long pursuit. If you work well with a team, and are looking for a school that cares deeply about creating a dynamic and uplifting learning environment for both their students and instructors we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create an inspiring and positive learning environment for all lessons, classes, bands and workshops that you instruct.
- Follow instructions and memos from school director and administration staff, attend staff meetings and occasional one on one discussions with the school director opening sharing your feedback and suggestions regarding school procedures, programming, school supplies and new equipment purchases when asked.
- Take daily attendance, making lesson notes and assigning student homework using My Music Staff Software
- Create structured customised lesson plans and goals for each student to keep them consistently engaged and motivated.
- Be flexible and quick to modify your lesson plans and approach as needed based on feedback you receive from your students, parents, school admin staff or school director.
- Provide periodic progress updates for students or administration upon request
- Write clear and concise lesson notes, creating recordings, professional music charts and other relevant supportive materials to student, admin staff and substitute teachers when necessary.
- Communicate with administration and students in a timely manner when attendance, scheduling or other issues arise so that problems can be resolved quickly.
- Prepare students for end of term school concerts, performances and competitions
- Must be able to work weekday afternoons, evenings and weekends on a set schedule to be determined upon employment
Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organisational skills required.
- Outgoing and confident personality in teaching private lessons, bands, group classes and workshops.
- Proven track record of high student retention in previous teaching positions
- Able to teach electric and acoustic guitar to all levels of players and possess both yourself.
- Familiarity with and playing proficiency in most popular music genres (Rock, Jazz, Heavy Metal, Indie, Country, Folk etc.)
- Ability to read music and write charts using software for students at an advanced level.
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities and a can do attitude.
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree; At least 5 years experience.
- Experienced, outgoing and confident in teaching adults, children and teens in private lessons, group classes, bands and workshop settings.
- Ability to prepare for University, College or RCM auditions up to ARCT level.
- Adept and experienced at teaching lessons online at the school and have a quality at home set up to teach through Zoom when required.
- As an independent contractor you will be responsible for submitting your invoices to the school office that are processed on a monthly basis.
- The ability to teach and perform bass as a secondary highly preferred
- Secondary teachable instruments such as drums, keyboards and vocals especially useful in band settings.
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools) is also helpful.
- Casual dress
- Environmentally focused company
- Collaborative and friendly work environment
- $35.00 – $50.00 CA per hour (depends on type of lesson taught and qualifications)
- Independent Contractor Position
Part-time hours per week
- 10-15 hours
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability a plus
- Weekends Hours Sat (10 AM to 3 PM) Sun (1 PM to 7:30 PM)
- Afternoon/Evening shift on Weekdays (3 PM to 9 PM)
Please submit your email and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We regret that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.